iRobot SA Returns and Warranties
Delivery & Returns
Items may be returned for a full refund within 30 (thirty) days of receiving the product. You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within 30 (thirty) days of our receiving your returned product.
Items may be exchanged for another iRobot product within 90 (ninety) days of your receiving product.
For items that are exchanged for a product with a lower value than the original item, you will receive a refund of the difference in the same form of payment originally used for purchase, within 30 (thirty) days of our receiving your returned product.
For items that are exchanged for a product with a higher value, you will be charged the price difference between the two products.
All products must be returned in good condition, in original boxes (whenever possible), and with all accessories to ensure full credit.
Pack the product securely in the original package, if possible.
Enclose the bottom portion of the original packing slip with the product. Be sure to keep the top portion of the packing slip for your records. If you cannot send your packing slip, please include your order number, billing name, and address with the product.
All return shipping charges must be prepaid.
For your protection, we recommend that you use an Insured Parcel Post for your return.
Keep the Return Tracking Number from the package you are returning to ensure that the package is returned to the warehouse.
You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within 30 days of our receiving your returned product.
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment
Electrical and Electronic equipment that was made after August 13th 2005 should display this symbol on the product:
This symbol means that the product must either be sent to be repaired and reused or sent for treatment and recycling through an approved disposal system.
To meet the requirements of this legislation and to help protect the environment, we are pleased to offer a free of charge recycling service. When you purchase a new item from iRobot SA, we will ensure that the old item which is being replaced will be treated and recycled properly in accordance with these regulations. All you have to do is on receipt of purchase of the new item, send us the old item and we’ll do the rest. For a small fee, we can arrange to collect the old item from you.
Damaged or Defective Product
If you receive a damaged or defective product, contact a Customer Care Representative within 30 days of delivery at (+27) 010 534 6701.
Please supply the Representative with your order number, product number and tracking number from your original confirmation email. The Representative will also need your email address and phone number.
iRobot SA will make every reasonable effort to assist you with your return. If you do not contact Customer Care, you are responsible for all return shipping charges.
If there is extensive damage to the carton, contact a Customer Care Representative immediately at (+27) 010 534 6701. Please have your order number available when you contact the Customer Care Representative.
iRobot SA – Limited Warranty
- Applicability and consumer protection rights
(1) The Core Computer Business (Pty) Ltd., 1 Sandton Dr, Sandhurst, Sandton, 2196, South Africa (“iRobot SA”, “We”, “Our” and/or “Us”) provides an optional Limited Warranty for this Product to the extent specified under Section 5, which is subject to the following conditions.
(2) This Limited Warranty grants rights independently and in addition to statutory rights under the laws relating to the sale of consumer products. In particular, the Limited Warranty does not exclude or limit such rights. You are free to choose whether to exercise rights under the Limited Warranty or statutory rights under your applicable jurisdiction’s laws relating to the sale of consumer products. The conditions of this Limited Warranty shall not apply to the statutory rights under the laws relating to the sale of consumer products. Also, this Limited Warranty shall neither exclude nor limit any of your rights against the seller of the Product.
- Scope of the warranty
(1) iRobot SA warrants that (with the exception of the restrictions in Section 5) this Product shall be free of material and processing defects during the period of two (2) years from the date of purchase (the “Warranty Period”). In the event that the Product fails to meet the warranty standard, we will, within a commercially reasonable period of time and free of charge, either repair or replace the Product as described below.
(2) This Limited Warranty is only valid and enforceable in the country where you purchased the Product, provided that said country is on the list of Specified Countries (http://global.irobot.com/).
- Making claim under the limited warranty
(1) If you wish to make a warranty claim, please contact your authorised distributor or dealer, whose contact details can be found at http://global.irobot.com/. Upon contacting your distributor, please have the serial number of your Product ready and the original proof of purchase from an authorised distributor or dealer, showing the date of purchase and full details of the Product. Our colleagues will advise you of the process involved in making a claim.
(2) We (or our authorised distributor or dealer) must be notified of any alleged defect within a reasonable time of it coming to your attention, and, in any case, you must submit a claim no later than the expiry of the Warranty Period plus an additional period of four (4) weeks.
(1) If we receive your request for a warranty claim within the Warranty Period, as defined in Section 3, Paragraph 2, and the Product is found to have failed under the warranty, we shall, at our discretion:
– Repair the Product,
– Exchange the Product with a product that is new, or which has been manufactured from new or serviceable used parts and is at least functionally equivalent to the original product, or
– Exchange the Product with a product that is a new and upgraded model, and which has at least equivalent or upgraded functionality compared to the original product.
When repairing or replacing the Product, we may use products or parts that are new, equivalent to new or re-conditioned.
(2) Parts repaired or replaced during the Warranty Period will be warranted for the remainder of the original Warranty Period of the Product or for ninety (90) days from the date of repair or replacement, whichever is longer.
(3) Replacement or repaired products, as applicable, will be returned to you as soon as commercially practicable. All parts of the Product or other equipment that we replace shall become our property.
- What is not covered?
(1) This Limited Warranty does not apply to batteries, accessories or other consumable items, such as filters, brushes, dirt disposal bags, cleaning pads or cleaning solutions.
(2) Unless agreed in writing, the Limited Warranty will not apply if the defect(s) relate to: (a) normal wear and tear, (b) defects caused by rough or inappropriate handling or use, or damage caused by accident, misuse, neglect, fire, water, lightning or other acts of nature, (c) non-compliance with the Product instructions, (d) wilful or deliberate damage, neglect or negligence; (e) use of spare parts, an unauthorised cleaning solution, if applicable, or other replacement items (including consumables) that are not provided or recommended by Us; (f) any alteration or modification to the Product that has been carried out by you or a third party not authorised by us, (g) any failure to adequately package the Product for transportation, (h) extreme or external causes beyond our reasonable control, including, but not limited to, breakdowns, fluctuations or interruptions in electric power, ISP (Internet service provider) service or wireless networks, (i) weak and/or inconsistent wireless signal strength in your home.
(3) This Limited Warranty will be invalid if (a) the Product’s serial number has been removed, erased, defaced, altered or is illegible in any way (as determined at our sole discretion), or (b) you are in breach of the terms of this Limited Warranty or your contract with us.
- Limitation of iRobot SA’s liability
(1) iRobot SA grants no warranties, explicitly or implicitly agreed upon, other than the limited warranties stated above.
(2) iRobot SA is only liable for intent and gross negligence in accordance with the applicable statutory provisions for damages or compensation of expenses.
In any other case that iRobot SA can be held liable, unless otherwise stated above, iRobot SA’s liability is limited to only foreseeable and direct damages. In all other cases, iRobot SA’s liability is excluded, subject to the foregoing provisions.
Any limitation of liability does not apply to damages resulting from injury to life, body or health.