Powered by Genius™ Home Intelligence, the iRobot Roomba® j7 and Roomba® j7+ robot vacuums identify obstacles and avoid hazards for the most thoughtful, reliable home clean
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa, February, 2022 — Robots should clean your home exactly how you want them to, understanding your specific instructions and unique preferences, within the context of your home. Today iRobot, a leader in consumer robots, is giving South African customers even more control over their clean with the arrival of the Roomba® J series robot vacuum cleaners. The Roomba® j7 and Roomba® j7+ robot vacuums are now available, including new features powered by iRobot Genius™ Home Intelligence.
The Roomba® j7/j7+ robot vacuum can be relied on to get the job done, delivering superior cleaning performance with every mission. Powered by iRobot Genius™ Home Intelligence and featuring PrecisionVision Navigation, the Roomba® j7/j7+ gets smarter with each use. Thanks to machine learning intelligence, it’s able to recognise and avoid cords, pet waste, socks and shoes while cleaning independently, giving you peace of mind.
“The Roomba® j7/j7+ robot vacuums are intelligent and easy to use, working thoughtfully and efficiently in your home,” says Mark Goott, CEO Core Group, iRobot’s exclusive distributor in South Africa. “More personalisation and seamless automation deliver a more intuitive cleaning experience that frees up your time for life’s more important things.”
Cleans the crumbs, avoids the cords
Charging cords left on the floor? A ‘surprise’ left by your new puppy? Obstacles like these don’t get in the way of the Roomba® j7/j7+ finishing the whole job because it uses PrecisionVision Navigation to recognise objects. The Roomba® j7/j7+ doesn’t just learn your home; it reacts to it in real time.
Its ability to identify and anticipate walls and furniture means it’s able to slow its approach for a gentle clean around objects and along edges. Backed by continuous, secure, over-the-air software updates provided by iRobot Genius™ Home Intelligence, PrecisionVision Navigation gets smarter over time, so your robot can identify an even greater number of obstacles and unlock new cleaning experiences in the future.
If you’re a pet owner, you’ll love that these latest models are backed by the iRobot Pet Owner’s Official Promise – aptly named P.O.O.P. for short. The Roomba® j7/j7+ identifies and avoids cleaning the messes your furry friend may accidentally leave behind. iRobot is so confident in its technology that, under the P.O.O.P promise, the company will replace any Roomba® j7/j7+ that doesn’t avoid solid pet waste, at no cost to you.
There’s smart, and then there’s Genius™
iRobot Genius™ Home Intelligence takes smart to the next level. It allows your robot to learn how best to navigate your floors, remembering specific rooms and certain furniture, to clean where it’s most needed. The Roomba® j7/j7+ takes the time to understand your cleaning preferences, learning your cleaning rules, asking for and responding to feedback, and remembering how to react in the future.
The latest digital features that iRobot Genius™ Home Intelligence delivers include the following:
- Clean While You’re Away – using your phone’s location services, you can now set up a defined boundary around your home so that your smartphone can trigger the robot to automatically begin (and stop) cleaning when your phone leaves or returns to the boundary.
- Smart Map Coaching and Room Name Suggestions – the robot helps guide you through the initial onboarding and subsequent cleaning jobs to personalise your home’s Smart Map, ensuring that it can intelligently and efficiently navigate your home. It’ll even help facilitate Smart Map customisation by auto-recommending room labels once it’s finished learning your home’s floorplan and is ready to create the Smart Map.
- Personalised Suggestions – the robot learns how you like to clean and gives you personalised suggestions, even factoring in times when your home may need more frequent cleaning – like pet-shedding or allergy seasons. Since the Roomba® j7/j7+ remembers the rooms and times you like to clean, it can suggest personalised cleaning schedules, like in the kitchen after breakfast.
- Cleaning Time Estimates – crunched for time? Forgot to run your robot but guests are on their way over? See just how long a cleaning job will take with new Clean Time Estimates. Thanks to Imprint® Smart Mapping, which allows the robot to learn your home’s floor plan, you can see a time estimate in the iRobot Home app (free to download for Android and iOS devices) based on the room – or rooms – you have chosen for a particular cleaning job.
- Quiet Drive – if you need to clean a specific area, but need some quiet nearby, tell your robot to keep it down as it makes its way to and from cleaning jobs. Quiet drive will shut down vacuuming components when the robot is not in its active cleaning job.
Designed to be in a class of its own
The Roomba® j7/j7+ blends seamlessly into your home with its appealing spun-metal finish and intuitive one-button design. You’ll enjoy the full iRobot cleaning experience with cutting-edge, patented technology that sets these robots apart from the competition, including:
- A 3-Stage Cleaning System with Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes to tackle dust, dirt, and pet hair on a variety of floor types.
- An Edge-Sweeping Brush for walls and corners.
- 10x the Power-Lifting Suction that pulls in stubborn dirt and messes.
- Patented Dirt Detect™ technology to focus on the especially dirty spots in the home.
Automatic emptying, months at a time
The Roomba® j7+ comes with the Clean Base™ Automatic Dirt Disposal and charging unit, which can catch particles as small as .7 microns to prevent the release of dirty air back into the home. The Roomba j7+ automatically empties and recharges as needed and continues cleaning until the job is done.
You don’t have to touch dust and dirt for months because the Roomba j7+ automatically empties into the base with an enclosed AllergenLock™ bag that doesn’t need to be replaced for up to 60 days, depending on the size and needs of your home. With the low-maintenance Clean Base™ system, there is no mess or cloud of dust when you empty it. Just dispose of the used bag and put a new one in the base.
The Clean Base™ has been redesigned from the ground-up to fit under tables and take up less space. Its premium, textured style and rich leather pull tab complement your home furnishings, and hidden storage ensures you always have an extra bag ready to go.
Pricing and stockists
The Roomba® j7+ robot vacuum, which comes with the Clean Base™ Automatic Dirt Disposal system, retails for R12 999 on iRobot.co.za. The Roomba® j7 robot vacuum, which doesn’t include the Clean Base™, retails for R12 999 on iRobot.co.za. Through this site, customers can also access local customer support and repair services. The products, which carry a two-year warranty, can also be purchased through select online retailers including Takealot.com and iStore.co.za.
About iRobot Corp.
iRobot, the leading global consumer robot company, designs and builds the world’s most thoughtful robots and intelligent home innovations that make life better. iRobot created the home robot cleaning category with the introduction of its Roomba® robot vacuum in 2002. Today, iRobot is a global enterprise that has sold more than 40 million robots worldwide. iRobot’s product portfolio features proprietary technologies and advanced concepts in cleaning, mapping, and navigation. Leveraging this portfolio, iRobot engineers are working to build an ecosystem of robots and smart home devices to help consumers make their homes easier to maintain and healthier places to live. For more information about iRobot, please visit www.irobot.com.
About Core Group
Core Group represents some of the world’s premier professional and consumer technology brands in South Africa. The group offers people the most exciting information, communication and entertainment technology for work and play, and services them through its network of resellers and its own retail outlets. The iRobot range of robots has been made available in South Africa through an exclusive distribution agreement with Core Group. For more information about Core Group, visit www.core.co.za.
 Certain iRobot Genius digital features will only work with Imprint® Smart Mapping robots, like the Roomba i7/i7+, Roomba s9/s9+, Roomba j7/j7+ robot vacuums and Braava jet m6 robot mops.
 Compared to the Roomba® 600 series cleaning system.
 The selling price may differ for other retailers.
 The selling price may differ for other retailers